The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Friday, October 28, 2011

301/365 - Happy Birthday Mom

My Mom would have been 71 today. She didn't like having birthdays and would have preferred to just forget them all together; but, then again, she never turned down a chance to go out to dinner or a piece of birthday cake. We spent her birthday in the hospital together last year; I brought her balloons and a gift that she never got to use. Today I'm trying not to dwell on all that and am instead trying to remember all the wonderful times I had with her. This image keeps coming to my mind and it's really how I remember her the best...at Sand Ho in Padre Island feeding the gulls that she loved so much. Happy Birthday Mom; I hope you're having a wonderful day and are forever walking the shores or a beautiful beach with Dude, Kasey and Sky close at your heels....

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

7 comments:

Misty said...

What a beautiful picture and beautiful memories of your mom.

karren said...

This is a beautiful Capture Kristin! It's no wonder you love it.

HeidiMcGBlaue said...

A wonderful picture- a great moment captured. Hoping only fond memories are with you right now.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! Fantastic picture. I know she's doing just that. Hanging at the beach with her loved ones.

Hugs!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

God bless and ease you aching heart. :,(

Jennifer Thompson said...

Beautiful picture!I'm sure she is chillin' on the beach doing what she loved!

Catherine said...

It's a gorgeous photo! Glad you have it to cherish. Hugs to you.