The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sunday, March 20, 2011

79/365 - The first day of Spring

We celebrated the first day of Spring by going to the nursery and buying some flowers for the yard. I picked out a pretty pink Hibiscus and some dark purple African daisy's to brighten things up. Randi chose some yellow mums, and Ryan found these little Impatients all on his own and just had to have them. He dug the hole and I helped him plant them, then he watered his plant and made sure he placed the ID stake in the mound he built so that everyone would know they were his flowers (notice the marker next to his foot that he used to write his name on the ID stake). I love my sweet, sensitive boy!
Happy Spring everyone!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

13 comments:

Bobi said...

Oh I love that… I have a little boy and this just makes me think of someday sharing this kind of experience with him. It's these types of moments that I think it is wonderful to capture because years down the road you may not remember them if it weren't for your camera and blog. Great post. I am looking for spring to head our way, we celebrated it with rain wind and cold. :(

karren said...

Just look at him working away there. I think this is such a clever idea for the first day of Spring, to go and get plants and let everyone pick their favorite. He will be watching over that flower all summer long. I'll look forward to a PM...you are on Clickinmom's, right? That would work.

Amy said...

Aww, what a sweetie. Love these.

I have heard the Pink song and love it but hate the title. LOL I also like Katy Perry's Firework. Similar message :-)

Photography said...

What a nice what to start spring. I love your shots and the description behind them, delightful :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love these photos. I have a weekly Project 365 link up if you would like to join. :)http://naptimemomtog.com/category/photography/project-365/

Melissa said...

How fun!!! African daisy's are my favorite! I look for them every year but they're not out yet at our stores.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such a sweet helper. I noticed my flowerbed is empty. I need to get to the garden center and buy some flowers ... thanks for the reminder. Have a great week.

Chelsea said...

Love it! I wish it was warm enough here to plant flowers...we're expecting snow soon! Great for you to let everyone pick out their own flowers, that's such a fun and creative way to let everyone have fun!!

Tracy said...

Beautiful photos! You will have to give me some pointers on how you get yours so vivid. I am thinking my monitor needs calibration again because it looks bright to me, but then I look at others and mine are not as bright?? My boys and I look forward to Spring each year for this reason! We love to go and get flowers. They each have their own pots that they tend to all summer. By the 22nd of April we should be able to start our beds. I am anxious! I have missed your photos and thought of you daily.

Unknown said...

Thats my Nephew...a green and pink thumb...love that boy...Happy Spring Ryan!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

He looks like he is such a sweet boy! My kids love to help in the yard too.

Misty said...

Yay for spring! What a sweet boy.

Megan said...

Happy Spring to you too :) I love that he is gardening in bare feet :)