The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Saturday, August 6, 2011

218/365 - Judging in the Hill Country

A local Texas club hired me to judge for them this weekend. We decided to make it a family weekend and packed up the car with dogs and kids and headed out early this morning for Kerville. Some of you asked about judging indoor/outdoors when I posted about Canada; well I usually don't know what the grounds are going to be like until I get there. Some shows are small, some are large, some are outdoors, others are indoors, some buildings have heat and A/C and some don't. This weekend's show was held at a Youth Exhibition Hall, which thankfully had good air conditioning. I had a nice entry of dogs to judge, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And thanks to Michael who picked up the camera without even being asked, here's another glimpse of my "other life".

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

How fun! Glad you guys had A/C in that 100+ heat!! Love to see you in action, not to mention, get a look at those gorgeous dogs!

Misty said...

I love seeing this part of your life. Very cool!

karren said...

AWESOME! I wish I could watch you work. I love the show ring.

Catherine said...

Yay for Judge Kristin! You do look like you're enjoying it! Good job Michael!

Megan said...

I know at horse shows, judging is a tiring and sometimes thankless job. I'm glad that it looks like you had some fun :)

KAREN said...

it looks like you had a really good time!

and i moved to the dfw area... so far so good! ;)