
Dog showing is hard work!
Teva and Piper (or "the girls" as we call them) are sisters. They were born almost 13 years ago, though I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was early in the morning; Teva was the third born and Piper was the last born out of 8 puppies. It was a magical litter. All 5 of the dogs that were shown became Champions; 2 of them taking Specialty Best in Show wins. Several of the them earned stock and agility titles, and one is a Hall of Fame Dam. One of the pups is a registered service dog who still assists a young girl with Muscular Dystrophy. And all 5 of the pups that were certified through OFA (Orthopedic Foundation of America) came back Excellent, which is the highest rating possible. All in all, it was a very special litter.
When the kids took an interest in dog showing, I knew "the girls" would be perfect partners for them. They're well trained and know just what to do in the ring. And true to form, they've exceeded my expectations and have been so good for the kids in so many ways. They've behaved perfectly in the ring, making the kids look like they know more than they really do. They've put up with a lot of running and pulling and being turned around in all kinds of directions without complaint. They've given it their all and then some and have asked for nothing more than a treat and a little love in return. I think they've enjoyed getting out and strutting their stuff once again, but I also see that the years are catching up with them and they aren't as spry as they used to be. Therefore a well earned rest the day, or whole week, after a show is well deserved.

4 comments:
Aww. Showing an animal is such a wonderful experience. What special girls to take such good care of their young exhibitors :)
I'd say this is a well deserved rest. I would never have guessed their ages. It's easy to see they have had the best of care.
Special litter indeed! What a great story to be able to tell about your dogs! Enjoy your rest Piper and Teva, sweet dreams girls!
The PS I have is the Panasonic Lumix Z56. I think it sold for $279. through Costco last year, but it had a $50 rebate at the time. It's small to fit in my purse, but not teeny....easy to hold with a little hand grip. it has a large LCD screen, a Leica lens, and is capable of manual settings. The color is super good, the pictures are sharp, in fact, I used it almost exclusively on our trip to Hawaii last November. My enlargements were crystal clear. I love the 30 presets...one of them is sunset, and I am very happy with that. It also has a preset for rapid succession that works amazingly well. This is the second Lumix I have had, and for my PS purposes, I am happy with it. If I could afford anything I want, I would get a little $500. Canon, that I keep looking at. Sony has a good PS too. I just couldn't see spending that much for a PS.
Post a Comment