The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Monday, July 4, 2011

185/365 - Happy Fourth of July

We spent the day on the lake, swimming, eating, riding Sea-do's, eating, napping, eating, and spending time with family and friends. It was a good day. Our town is under a fire ban so they couldn't have a town firework display, but the lodge on the lake was able to secure a permit, so we took the boat out to watch the show and had front row seats.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I wasn't able to use a tripod because we were on the boat, so some of the sideways blur is from the boat rocking, but overall my shots came out much better this year than they ever have before, thanks to several online tutorials about how to take photos of fireworks.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
ISO/100 * f/11 * 1/2 second

13 comments:

Misty said...

Love all the "eating" in there. Sounds like a grand day!

Tracy said...

Love these!!! I found it hard to get my focus! How did you do that first one? Did you have a flash? Very neat!

Branson said...

Love the squiggles!! Watching the fireworks on a boat sounds just lovely!

Catherine said...

The squigglies are very cool!

Amy said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Love these!

Jennifer Thompson said...

Sounds like a great day!
I love that first capture.

PS I live in Ontario. My husband is from Saskatchewan, so I have tons of in-laws in Regina. In fact, my sister in-law and her family are flying here,from Regina for a two week visit July 20. I hope you enjoy your visit to Regina, I always do when we visit there.

Jaime said...

Great shots! Love that you got your little boy in the first one and in the second one...like how you caught the little strays toward the bottom.

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness, I wish I was with you guys! Sounds like a wonderful day! I actually think the squiggles of the second shot from the boat rocking gives it an added perspective that is unsurpassed!!

Megan said...

Holidays are all about eating, right? :) Sounds like a great day!

Kara said...

Happy 4th! Lots of fun colors! btw, I mentioned you in my post today. ;)

KAREN said...

great shots!! glad you were able to find a spot that had fireworks in your area! :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like the perfect Fourth of July...good food...boating...fireworks from the lake. What could be better than that?

I like the squiggles. It gives them a unique quality that draws the eye in and makes them interesting.

Kim said...

Great job!!! I didn't even try it this year. I'm such a party pooper these days. wahhh! :(