The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

193/365 - Sister Friend

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I didn't take this photo (an exhibitor and wonderful photographer at the dog show named Terry Stickle took it) and it was taken on Sunday, but it showed up in my inbox this morning, so I'm using it today because it means the world to me to finally have a picture of me and Clarissa together. We had such a good time in Canada. We laughed and talked and laughed and cried and talked and laughed some more. Oh the stories we could tell! It's so nice to be able to talk with someone who you can share anything with and who you know won't think you're crazy or silly or totally off your rocker, and it feels good to just listen and be there for someone else when they need it too. Good friends are like that.

Clarissa is having trouble commenting on the blog, so I wanted to post her message to me after yesterdays post so I'll always have it to remember because it makes me smile:

Your pictures are fabulous!! Love them!! I have to be honest that when I have been around you the last two times I feel a blanket of comfort and a deep love washes over me. It seems at that time I am a messenger.... and if you asked me to repeat anything I said to you over the weekend I couldn't . I can feel your pain and anguish and yet all I feel is comfort and love. I wish you could have felt what I was feeling Sunday morning in our room. After this trip together our friendship has gone to another place or level and I acknowledge that.

I wouldn't change one bump or curve in our friendship road. Those bumps and curves have helped me to see you....my beautiful, strong, fun, bff Kristin!

Love you, mean it!!! Clarissa


Ditto right back at you sister friend!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

You guys look fantastic! What an awesome trip for you! Love your posts because they're so introspective and thoughtful! Yeah, you better not change!

karren said...

This is the happiest photo! I can just see the LOVE!

Misty said...

What a sweet picture! So nice to have such sweet friends. Looking forward to having a picture like this ourselves! Two more days!

Amy said...

You two are adorable! I just posted about my best friend and could have written the same things.

Unknown said...

Great photo and such sweet sentiments from her! You are truly blessed!

Chelsea said...

What a wonderful post, Kristin! Sounds like you and Clarissa are truly blessed to have such a wonderful friendship that has strong roots!

A. Leigh Photography said...

wow~ what an amazing friend to have!

Kim said...

Gorgeous photo of you two! Those types of friendships are rare. Treasure it. I know you do. :)