I picked up my camera and lenses from the Canon service center (yeah) this morning and then headed South to meet one of my good bloggy friends, Misty. We met at a really cool pier in Oceanside and spent several hours walking, talking, having yummy ice cream sundaes at the end of the pier, talking some more and then attempting to get a photo of ourselves to do what bloggers do. Michael was in rare form and gave us a hard time about stopping to shoot everything in sight, but with a little prodding, he took our cameras and captured the moment for us. The wind was crazy, my 4 year old was running off down the pier and we were having a hard time keeping a straight face because of all Michael's antics, so this photo is priceless to me because there is such a story behind it.
All too quickly it was time to say goodbye, and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend I'd known forever rather than someone I'd just met for the first time 3 hours before. I left knowing that it might have been the first time we got together but it wouldn't be the last time we'd see each other. I'm already looking forward to that next visit my friend!

And here's a shot of Misty in action!

I was really happy to have the 7d and 24-70mm back once again and couldn't wait to play with them on the pier to see what they could do after cleaning and adjusting; using them again felt like I was putting on a comfortable old pair of jeans. For a while now I've had a love/hate relationship with the 24-70mm. I love the focal range and sometimes I get amazing pictures with it, but often times I feel like my shots are soft and should be a lot sharper. I often thought it was just me, but when Catherine came to visit, we talked about it and she suggested sending it in for calibration, so since I was so close to the Irvine service center on this trip, I dropped it off for them to take a look at it, and all I can say after getting it back is Banda Bing Bada Boom! Wowza! Now I know why people like this lens so much. The mechanical aspect of my lens was off and now that it's fixed, I'm kicking myself for not sending it in sooner. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for encouraging me to get it done Catherine! I owe you one!
All too quickly it was time to say goodbye, and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend I'd known forever rather than someone I'd just met for the first time 3 hours before. I left knowing that it might have been the first time we got together but it wouldn't be the last time we'd see each other. I'm already looking forward to that next visit my friend!

And here's a shot of Misty in action!

I was really happy to have the 7d and 24-70mm back once again and couldn't wait to play with them on the pier to see what they could do after cleaning and adjusting; using them again felt like I was putting on a comfortable old pair of jeans. For a while now I've had a love/hate relationship with the 24-70mm. I love the focal range and sometimes I get amazing pictures with it, but often times I feel like my shots are soft and should be a lot sharper. I often thought it was just me, but when Catherine came to visit, we talked about it and she suggested sending it in for calibration, so since I was so close to the Irvine service center on this trip, I dropped it off for them to take a look at it, and all I can say after getting it back is Banda Bing Bada Boom! Wowza! Now I know why people like this lens so much. The mechanical aspect of my lens was off and now that it's fixed, I'm kicking myself for not sending it in sooner. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for encouraging me to get it done Catherine! I owe you one!

8 comments:
Aaw! I've been waiting for this post! Love it! Love it! I miss you already and can't wait for another visit together. You are right. Our visit was way to fast and your hubs was a good sport while we had to get our photography on. Can't meet up with a photog buddy and not get some photos, right! I'm totally gonna "steal" the photo you took of me for profile pics on all my different sites. I was just telling the hubs the other day that I have no pictures of just me. Hope you don't mind. I know you and I know you don't. :) Hugs to you guys!
Oh and I meant to tell you that I am working on the blog of us meeting in more detail on my personal blog so you will have to come by and check it out!
What fun you are having. I'm glad you have your camera and lens back and are loving it. I need to take my camera in for cleaning.
I hate it when it is gone!
How fun! I wish some of my bloggy friends lived close enough to get together! You guys look great :)
Oh, how fun! Your trip is including all kinds of great opportunities. Glad you're having such a good time. :)
When are you coming to the EAST coast?!?!? ;)
Yay! I'm doing a happy dance for you! So glad to hear you're enjoying your lens again! I'm looking forward to more awesome photos! Great photo of Misty, too!
wow... meeting another blogger friend?! so cool and so fun! i'm glad your lens is working better for you!
Oh fun!!! Another blog friend meet up. I also wish I had bloggers who lived closer to me. And yay for your lens working again. I wonder if that is what I need to do with my 50mm?? I ended up putting my 35mm back on because I was so disappointed in the output of my 50mm. Great shots, both of them!!! Love, love!
Post a Comment