The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Friday, April 22, 2011

112/365 - Happy Birthday Mother Earth

Randi and her Gee Gee celebrated Good Friday and Earth Day by picking up trash on the beach.
Today the world is a little better place because of people like Gee who love the earth and take the time to teach the next generation about the importance of caring for the world we live in.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Isn't it amazing how much litter can be found on our beaches. You would think people would know better by now! It is awesome of your daughter to take such an interest at an early age.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful gift of a grandma! I love each of these and the meaning they have behind them. It was rainy here so we didn't get out to do much. I am hoping we will this coming week. Again, beautiful photos of your daughter and GeeGee!!

Kim said...

Love your Gee! BSD is the same way about the ocean. He gave all the neighborhood surfing lessons each summer. He'd take them 2 at a time for a week all summer. The only thing they had to do to repay him was to each pick up 7 pieces of trash on the beach each day. I think it was 7 pieces. I remember it was something random.

Amanda said...

Gee is an incredible lady and I love your posts about her. Great collage. The photos are beautiful!

karren said...

Whoa...look at the big bags of stuff they picked up! That's a good lesson for Earth day. Coming from someone they love, it will be a lesson they will always remember. Once again...your SOOC pics are so GOOD! I hope you are having a wonderful day, and Happy Easter!

Chelsea said...

This is so wonderful. I love the lessons she teaches...it's people like her, who make me want to do all I can! Loving the Port A pics too, sure do miss family gatherings there!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Gee Gee looks like such a fun and cool Grandma! Great lesson she is teaching your daughter!

I would love for you to take some family pictures of us. Lets maybe shoot for Fall. I would like to lose a little weight first. Maybe this will get me off my bottom! We have never had nice family pictures. Just pictures taken at Target. :/ Teacher's Appreciation is the 1st week in May and then things should slow down for me some. Then we can plan a time to get together. Sound good?

Jennifer Thompson said...

Gee Gee sounds like the type of Grandma we all need! Great collage!

Photography said...

Neat collage doing a neat thing!

Catherine said...

What a lasting impression she is making--and you're capturing it for a lifetime! Great collage!

noreen said...

what a beautiful lesson GeeGee has imparted to Randi. I hope there's more of GeeGee in this world.

Jaime said...

Loving the family posts! And what a great lesson to learn.

Carlynn said...

Great collage!