The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

166/365 - Girl Scout Camp

It was over a 100 degrees today, and I spent most of the day outside being a Girl Scout mom. Even though it was really hot, I had a lot of fun. The girls and I learned about the properties of water, made sun catchers, painted clay projects, hiked, fished for crawdads, rode in a paddle boat, sang silly songs, drank lots of water and thankfully got to swim in the Rec Center pool at the end of the day. I was a Girl Scout when I was younger, and it's one of the many things I love that Randi and I get to do together.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Randi is on the bottom row just about in the middle.


Fishing for crawdads. I loved the reflection of the trees and clouds in the water.

9 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Love the reflection in the 2nd one.

Anonymous said...

Awww. How fun!!!

Jennifer Thompson said...

Sounds like a great day!
That reflection is beautiful.

Chelsea said...

I too love the reflection shot! And what a great way to spend a day with Randi...how much fun (despite the heat!)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day! Great reflection!

Courtney said...

Wow! I love the reflection of the sky in the water!! Awesome!! Looks like fun!

karren said...

I love the reflection in the last now. i did lots of scout camps and church camps with my kids AND THEY ARE SOME OF MY FONDEST MEMORIES NOW.

Catherine said...

That is a beautiful reflection! Very cool! Love the Girls Scouts!

Jaime said...

Aww...this sounds like alot of fun! Glad to read you are enjoying your time! I never got to be a Girl Scout, but did enjoy the 'Brownies'. :)