
f/1.4 - 1/500 - ISO 5000
Mike and the kids went for a dip in the pool at dusk tonight. Mike was throwing Ryan up in the air and it looked so cool with the contrast of the pool light and the night sky. I thought to myself, I wonder if I could capture it, so I grabbed the camera, cranked the ISO up to 5000 and this is what I got. So tonight I learned that I don't always have to use a flash when there isn't a lot of light, that I don't have to be afraid of using a really high ISO, and that I love my camera!
Linking up with a few super fun sites:


27 comments:
that looks sooo awesome! night swimming. cool :)
and you're right BIG ISO it's not a bad thing at all. it's actually very awesome! much better than the flash in many situations!
Now this is some awesomeness!!! Love, love, love this capture!! I am so glad you ran to get your camera. The lighting is perfect in how it spotlights Ryan. Did you have a pool at your last place? I would love one as would my husband. We are trying to prioritize things and other things seem to bump it down to the bottom :( What fun family memories you are creating! I am trying to talk my husband into a road trip to Texas. He wants to go to St. Louis and I said what is the extra few miles??? If we are in your area, I'd love to meet up for a bit!
Wow! I am so glad you decided to pull your camera out for this photo! Seriously! I love the way the light illuminates him from below! The pure joy and all the water droplets! How awesome!! What a wonderful memory you captured! Glad you bumped your up ISO and took a risk!!! Thanks for linking up!
OMG WOW... serious WOW. This is a fantastic capture! I really love it. Bumping up ISO huh? LOL its funny I've read so much don't get any "NOISE" articles I'm terrified where before I didn't care. Thanks for sharing the ISO point and I'm so glad you grabbed your camera!
great, great photo! flash can be too harsh for night photos, I am glad you took the risk with ISO. Beautiful!
Holy cow! This is an amazing shot! You can really crank up your ISO. It's beautiful. I love how the pool lights illuminate the water droplets. That's an award winner. Enter it in something.
That picture is SO awesome! I love that the water drops look like stars around his head...I had to look twice to be sure! You're really an inspiration with this photography bit!
Beautiful! That is an amazing capture! Simply stunning! Your camera did do an incredible job at ISO 5000, mine technically goes up to 3200 and than has Hi and Hi 2--but I'm afraid to use them. I haven't been happy with what I get at 3200. But you took at the perfect angle and time for him to be perfectly surrounded by water droplets and such a happy expression!
That turned out really well. I can't get above an ISO of 800 without noise on my D 3000.
Holy WOW Kristin. That is an awesome photo. So glad you went and got your camera, this is such a great capture. I don't seem to remember, but what camera do you have again???
Absolutely incredible shot! I LOVE it! I wish my camera went up to 5000 ISO! I get insane noise at just ISO 800. Can't wait till I can get a new camera. :)
Great photo! Love the water droplets round him. I've always been scared of high ISO too, but my camera doesn't go anywhere as high. Visiting from Click it up a Notch.
awesome! Love the use of light!
WOW. I LOVE this! So glad you went to get the camera to capture this.
What a cool shot. Looks like a fun time.
What a neat capture! Love that the photo is at night!
Oh my gosh! What an AWESOME picture.. WOW
This is awesome! Great shot!
Your lighting is great and your composition is amazing. His smile just draws the eye in. Then I look down and Dad's arms points me right back up to that smile. Great crop!
That is one cool shot! I love it! I recently photographed can-can girls in a building where the lights where completely off except spotlights and I cranked my ISO up to 1600 and shot away, they were wonderful and I learned something new too! Always fun to experiment!
Wow! that is an awesome shot! It looks like they were having sooo much fun!
Fantastic! The light and the action--wowsa! Really, really cool! Way to go!
Ok- so when we were talking the other day I had no idea this was the picture you were talking about- this is AWESOME! I love it!!
THIS IS AMAZING KRISTIN! Great shot!
I absolutely love this!
Congratulations! You were chosen for the top five of Fabulous Friday! Thank you for participating!
ummmmm WOW!!!!!!!! Love it! It looks like he flying through the stars :)
Post a Comment