The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40/365 - Passion for his kids

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

For today's theme of Passions & Hobbies, I wish I could have taken a picture of Michael hunting or fishing or riding horses in the mountains with his friend Russ, but none of that was in my cards today. I thought about taking a picture of him building a model rocket, but he worked at the gym all day, plus on Wednesdays he volunteers at the kids' school helping the cheerleaders with their tumbling skills, so by the time he got home, he was too tired to do something so tedious and it was too late to launch one of the rockets. I could have taken a picture of him on the computer studying the stock market, but when I saw this, I knew I had my answer. After the kids get out of the bath, they love to play a game with Michael they call "Ultra-man" (Ultra Man is an old version of Superman that Mike and his brother's loved as kids, so of course we have every episode on DVD). They romp and wrestle on the bed and shoot each other with their gamma rays. Sometimes they even jump on him or roll him off the bed. To me it's the epitome of how passionate he is about his kids because it gets totally crazy at times, but he does it anyways because he knows how much they absolutely love it.

15 comments:

Kara said...

That's so sweet! Love the picture, too!!

The Yutzy Family said...

Love this picture...happiness is everywhere!

Misty said...

That's the best passion there is! Our hubs sound a lot alike as far as the hunting, fishing and gym.

grandmabish said...

Funnuy how the photos just seem to present themselves! This is precious. if you try the heart succors foro familyfun.com, but don't leave them n the oven for ten minutes. 5-6 is just right. 10..melts them down flat!

Trisha said...

Too cute. My husband is the same way w our kids. He plays the most insane, roudy, LOUD games w our kids until they are totally wound up & abt to explode. You have to wonder who's having more fun. :)

Amy said...

So sweet!

To answer your question about the picture of my 4 cuties, yes I did use a flash. If I remember correctly, I bounced it off the ceiling :-)

Kim said...

I love this! That's the best, isn't it? Watching your hubby and kids so happily engaged with each other. Just loving on each other. Perfect picture for the assignment. I love that you can barely see him b/c they've got him so bundled up.

Oh, BSD ordered the cruiser through our local bike shop. They are an Electra dealer. If you have a shop that sells Electra's they can order any of their models for you.

www.electra.com Have fun looking!

Chelsea said...

Kristin, this is perfect, it just melts my heart! I love how kids always come up with some game before bedtime--they're crafty! But, we always love doing our monster play before bed too!! ;)

Photography said...

Best post you could have done! Love it.

Jennifer Thompson said...

Fantastic post! My husband winds the kids up with 'the steam roller'

Carlynn said...

You can see how much they love that time with their dad. Reminds me of my brother and me playing with our dad in the evenings.

Amanda said...

There is something about "daddy play" that we Moms just don't get. I try, but I'm not as good at it as Daddy. Great shot. You can really see the passion here!

Mrs. Fun said...

I adore this...love so much about it.

Misty said...

Kristin, your comments on my blog are so sweet and encouraging. I will do my best to remember to post my post processing tips. Believe it or not a lot of the processing I use are free presets I downloaded into Lightroom and then just a little tweaking here and there till it looks the way I want it to. Again, thank you so much.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such a sweet, sweet pic. :0