The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

53/365 - Peace, Love & Cowgirls

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Today's Joy of Love assignment was to take a portrait of a loved one, and I don't love anyone more than I love my little cowgirl...other than my two cute cowboys!

17 comments:

Misty said...

Such great photos! What a cute little cowgirl you have!

Megan said...

Lovely processing on these, and such a pretty girl!

Tracy said...

Beautiful!!! Just love that first shot of her...so sweet! Is this an action you created? Love your lighting!

karren said...

So precious! I LOVE cowboy hats. I think it is sweet that she's holding her little horse. She is a very cute girl...does she look like you did when you were young? I see a resemblance to you now.

Chelsea said...

My gosh, these are all amazing! That first one looks like a magazine shot! I absolutely love it!! Just gorgeous, stunning...I could go on and on!! ;)

Laurie said...

She is precious! Love the pp.

Amy said...

She's adorable! These are beautiful. Love the processing.

Kim said...

Kristin! These are amazing! I love the way her eyes pop. And that cowboy hat is super cool. Great job!

So...which lens did you use here? The 50mm or the 24-70? :)

I use my 24-70 mostly also, but when I have to take an indoor portrait I know my lighting is so bad I'm going to have to crank open the lens to try to let in as much light as possible so I grab the 50. But then...I run into the issue of not having enough room for such a long lens. That's why part of BSD's head is cut off in my first photo. lol!

Kim said...

Ok...I'm a moron. I don't have a 24-70. I have a 17-55. I debated b/t those 2 lenses forever that I still can't remember which one I ended up with.

Jennifer Officer said...

These are beautiful!

Jennifer Thompson said...

These are great! Such beautiful eyes!

Kara said...

Oh! I am in love with these pictures!! So great.. look at those eyes, the lighting, the sweet girl, the hat..ahh.. LOVE!

susan said...

Gorgeous! Priscilla was sitting here while I browsed your blog and when the page opened and we saw these pictures we both went, "Awwwwww!"
You're an amazing photographer, really!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

I LOVE this! The pictures and the colors in the processing! I would love to get together one day so we can teach each other a few tricks!

Amanda said...

LOVE this collage. She is so beautiful and you did such a wonderful job capturing her.

Thank you so much for your kind words on today's post. I was very scared to hit "publish", but I am so glad I did. You should too and I know it will make you feel better!!

Melissa said...

These are great. Love her in her cowgirl hat, she's beautiful! Love the processing on these too. They're awesome!

Photography said...

She is gorgeous! Love the edit and her hat!!