The Rush Family

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Thursday, February 17, 2011

48/365 - Our "day out" at the livestock auction

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The Joy of Love prompt today was to take a picture of us "staying in" and doing what we do at home, but we really weren't home long enough to do it. The kids were off to school by 7:30am, we left for the San Antonio Livestock Auction as soon as Randi got home this afternoon, and it was after bed time by the time we got home. So, I decided to use this picture from our "day out" instead because there's something about it I just love. Maybe it's the intensity on Ryan's face as he was helping his Papa bid on animals. Maybe it is the joy in his grandfathers smile as he was teaching his grandson the ropes. Maybe it's because Randi was the one who took this picture. Actually, I think it's all the above!

16 comments:

Photography said...

Oh well that's the next prompt anyway :-) I love this shot. The B+W is just magic!

Photography said...

"going out" i mean is the next prompt :o)

Tracy said...

This just melts my heart!!! Seriously, your little guys face is priceless as is grandfather looking at him. Lots of love in that photo! Love the dramatic effect the B&W gives this for more of an impact.

Amy said...

I REALLY like this too! Really.

Jennifer Thompson said...

The B&W really makes it an awsome picture, love the hat!

Misty said...

Such a sweet treasured shot.

Chelsea said...

Way to go, Randi!! It's awesome, I love how grandpa is smiling at Ryan! And, Kristin, I have to say, your posts constantly make me want to move back to TX!! Is my family paying you??!! ;) I love them all! Both you and Randi, keep up the great work!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Awww! I am not originally from TX but I am now a sucker for cowboy hats! I LOVE his little hat and his grandfather looking at him! So sweet! This screams TX to me! I would frame this for his grandpa! Love the B&W too!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I just love it. I grew up in San Angelo, Texas (AF brat) and had forgotten about the livestock auctions, rodeos, and mesquite trees. Such a wondeful reminder of a wonderful time in my life. Thanks.

karren said...

Well, if this isn't a precious memory moment, I don't know what is! Everything about it is beautiful! How wonderful that your family can enjoy something as memorable as this. Not everyone can have this experience. It's so real and down to earth. Something ancestors did.

Kim said...

Wow! I think your daughter is a photographer in the making. This is a gorgeous shot. So crisp and clear. Beautifully composed. Great expressions. What a keepsake.

Jaime said...

What a great job Randi!

Ah ~ I miss living in TX. My friends and I would go to Fort Worth and take in a rodeo from time to time. Of course...the cowboys were fun to watch too.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so cute in that hat! I agree with all your reasons to love it. The picture says so much and I love the conversion, it adds to it very nicely!

Carlynn said...

He looks precious in his hat. Randi did a great job with her picture. She may have mom's eye for photography.

Kristin said...

Yep, I think I'm going to have to frame this one for Papa...and one for me too! It is my screen saver right now, and I just can't stop admiring it. I'm so proud of my girl!

Trisha said...

I love everything abt this. The B&W, grandpa's smile, his intense stare. Your daughter did a great job!